November 20 10:30 am
2022 ANNUAL D.C. DANCE IMPROVISATION FESTIVAL is a day-long event of master dance classes, creative gathering, and a social event taking place on Sunday, November 20, 2022, from 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM at the Atlas Performing Arts Center – Lab 1.
The festival is sponsored by the ICONS Choreographic Institute at the ATLAS, and includes three master classes back-to-back – Contact Improvisation, Improvisational Technologies, and Underscore Ensemble Improvisation. The festival will end with an informal social gathering of all the participants after the last class – your first drink is on us! The total festival fee is $45.00 for all the three master classes. Join us to explore, create and discover – all day long! Space is limited – register soon!
SCHEDULE, INFORMATION & DETAILS:
- 10:30 a.m.
- Gathering & Warm up
- 10:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m
- CONTACT IMPROVISATION
- Originally created by Steve Paxton
- Teacher: Katie Harris Banks
* Bring lunch and join our dance circle from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. *
- 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- IMPROVISATIONAL TECHNOLOGIES
- Originally created by William Forsythe
- Teacher: Vladimir Angelov
- 2:15 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- THE UNDERSCORE
- Originally created by Nancy Stark Smith
- Teacher: Ken Manheimer
- 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- JOIN US FOR AN INFORMAL SOCIAL EVENT AT THE ATLAS LOBBY BAR – YOUR FIRST DRINK ON US!