Employment & Internships
The Atlas is an equal opportunity employer, committed to maintaining a diverse working environment. If you are interested in an employment opportunity or internship, please send a cover letter and resume to: Atlas Performing Arts Center Human Resources 1333 H Street, NE Washington, DC 20002 email: email@example.com
Special Events Manager
Individual reports to the Atlas Performing Arts Center’s Director of Programming
Develop a proactive, sales focused events department environment, and implement creative ways to utilize the Atlas Performing Arts Center (Atlas) over and above its purpose as a performing arts center. Focus is on special event rentals (external) along with Atlas driven (internal) events to maximize income and patron participation.
Part-time production over hire crew(s) as necessary
- Oversee and manage the rental and logistical use of all Atlas venues and spaces for special event usage and Atlas driven or artist-driven community engagement activities and initiatives.
- Oversee, schedule and conduct all showings of the space for potential clients.
- Oversee and ensure all special events and community engagement activities and initiatives are scheduled and recorded in Atlas event management database for proper scheduling and coordination with all other scheduled performances, rehearsals and space usages.
- Solicit, negotiate and execute all contracts for special event usage and community engagement activities and initiatives overseeing all client relations and customer services.
- Oversee and manage, as necessary, all vendor relations including but not limited to catering, transportation, valet parking, food and beverage control and licensing.
- Be day of event contact to manage and oversee all logistics and client relations
- Work in conjunction with marketing department on all promotion and messaging for special event usage and rental including but not limited to web, social media and advertising along with the creation and development of marketing collateral.
- Coordinate the management and success of all special events, and assist with community engagement activities and initiatives across all Atlas departments.
- Manage and ensure that all special events certifications and licenses are in place and up to date including, but not limited to, ABRA, ServSafe, and Etips.
- Oversee and manage all clerical duties and reporting requirements as necessary.
Candidate must be an outgoing, self-starting, creative individual comfortable networking and communicating with artists along with individuals and groups from government, businesses, and civic and cultural organizations. Candidate must have excellent communication skills, oral and written, along with a strong ability to multi-task and ability to work a flexible schedule (day time, evenings, weekends) as business needs dictate. A minimum of 2 years experience in corporate and/or special events management. Demonstrated experience in staff management, excellent customer relations skills and strong financial management skills and logistical coordination. Knowledge of local vendors is a plus. Experience in Google Calendar/Docs, Excel/Spreadsheets and Adobe Creative suite preferred.