Contradiction Dance Theatre
Forgiveness – Love More Wildly
Part of the Atlas INTERSECTIONS Festival 2018
Performance begins at 5:30pm
Forgiveness: Love More Wildly is a dance theater performance that includes the audience in a creative effort to unpack the stages of forgiveness. It presents scenes taken from life, history, and an imagined future interwoven with original dance by Kelly King and Erica Chamblee and music by Jessica Denson. The words of poet Miki DeVivo thread through the production, providing a poignant, cohesive literary context. Forgiveness: Love More Wildly is co-directed by Marcus Kyd and Kelly King.
Content information: Swearing or ‘coarse’ language – rare or mild. Best suited to age 18+.
About Contradiction Dance Theatre
Contradiction Dance is a place where dance, theatre, and pop culture meet.
We are creators. We generate movement, dialogue, and joy. Like many artists, we thrive in community. We often choose to work collaboratively as directors, cast-members, choreographers, teachers, and friends.
– Build community and create safe, supportive spaces in our community to explore contemporary social issues
– Put dance theater in unexpected places like crosswalks, offices, living rooms, and… you get the idea.
– Engage the community through conversations, pop-up events, workshops, performances, residencies, and partnerships
– Create and present works that blend several dance forms with multimedia elements, storytelling, and theater
– Provide a broad scope of dance and theater education classes for people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities
You are a vital part of our community. Your support keeps us dreaming big and bold. Your critical feedback, enthusiastic participation, and steady encouragement allow us to grow year after year.
Dance + Life = Life + Dance